In all Ayurvedic medical treatises, massage appears not only as a body therapy but especially as a daily hygiene practice. In India, the whole company practices Ayurvedic massage. From the age of six, children are encouraged to massage other members of their families. Similarly, a woman who has just given birth and her baby will receive a daily massage from birth and for 40 days.
THE BENEFITS OF THE AYURVEDIC MASSAGE
Beyond its physical benefits, this act of love and attention, through touch, nourishes the body, the senses and the soul at all ages of life. An Ayurvedic massage, beyond its relaxing virtues, offers you many other benefits:
- It gives a beautiful luster to your skin;
- It tones and relaxes your muscle tissue, nourishes your skin and gives • beautiful curves to your body;
- It increases the warmth of your body and improves your blood and lymphatic circulation;
- It increases and releases the flow of oxygen to the tissues;
- It participates in the disposal of waste outside your body
- It increases your resistance to diseases by improving the immune response;
- It gives your body a feeling of lightness and energy;
- It improves your posture by softening your joints;
- It soothes your spine, improving the transmission of nerve impulses to your organs and your entire body;
- It increases your sexual vitality and strength;
- It corrects the flow of electromagnetic energy through your body
- It increases your concentration and intelligence;
- It gives you confidence as well as a better awareness of your body;
- It regenerates and preserves the qualities of youth.
AN INDIVIDUAL MASSAGE
The Ayurvedic massage works mainly on the five forms of Vata or Prana, ie the air element, harmonizing them. It thus restores the balance of doshas. Again, the Ayurvedic massage is individualized and used according to your constitution and your imbalances. Indeed, if the massage is inadequate, it can have an aggravating effect on the doshas and thus on the physical and emotional imbalances.
-If you are a VATA person: you need a slow, wrapping, regular, rooting massage in a reassuring and comfortable environment with lots of heavy, warm and nourishing oil. Oil massage is one of the most effective therapies to pacify VATA;
- If you are a PITTA type: you need a slightly more stimulating, slightly faster and deep massage, but which should not irritate, in a less warm atmosphere, with less oil, of fresh nature;
- If you are a KAPHA type: you will benefit more from a dry massage, with powders or with very little oil, very stimulating to activate your stagnant lymphatic system and your ability to lethargy.
THE RELAXOLOGIST-MASSAGE THERAPIST
The relaxologist - Massage Therapist, professional of Ayurveda, will certainly ask you some questions before starting the massage, you will take the pulse or observe your tongue in order to be able to choose the oil and the type of touch that correspond to your specific needs . He will also advise you to drink hot water in greater quantity after an ayurvedic massage, to promote the evacuation of the toxins released by the massage and to take full advantage of its benefits.
DIFFERENT FORMS OF MASSAGE
Do not hesitate to ask your practitioner about the different forms of massages, in order to choose the one that suits you best. The different Ayurvedic massages can be practiced with two or four hands (sometimes more), with or without oil or using different substances such as plant powders, cereal or legume flours, essential oils, filled tissue pouches Rice or plants, etc...