Here is a simple, fast and balanced recipe for the summer season. This warm salad contains the 6 tastes (sweet, bitter, astringent, salty, spicy and sour) promoting body balance.
The Swiss chard and beet leaves have an astringent and cleansing power, eliminating excess fire in the system. All the vegetables in this recipe are seasonal and cooked very lightly in order to keep their energy power and facilitate digestion. Finally, the spices used promote good digestion and assimilation of food.
3 fresh beets and their leaves
4-5 swiss chard leaves
1 - 2 french shallots
1 handful of fresh sunflower sprouts
2 tbsp. of unsalted sunflower seeds
1-2 tsp. of grated coconut
1 tbsp. of coconut oil
1 tsp. of ground Indien celery seeds (Ajwain)
1 tsp. of ground coriander seeds
A few drops of fresh lemon juice
Himalayan rock salt and fresh ground pepper
Fresh coriander for garnish
- Wash and slice the beets
- Cook the beets about 5-7 minutes in a small saucepan filled with one third of water, without completely covering the beets. The beets must remain crisp.
- During this time, wash and roughly cut beet leaves and swiss chard.
- Wash and chop the shallots.
- In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the Indian celery and coriander seeds and heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the sunflower seeds and cook for 30 seconds
.- Add and cook beet leaves, Swiss chard and shallots for about 2 minutes. The leaves must not become all soft.
- Spray a few drops of lemon juice and grated coconut.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sunflower sprouts and fresh coriander as a garnish.